This article appeared online at TheNewAmerican.com on Friday, March 18, 2022:
The latest poll from EMC Research confirms what now appears to be a certainty: San Francisco’s communist District Attorney Chesa Boudin will be recalled in June.
According to the poll, two-thirds of voters likely to participate in the recall election say they will vote “yes” to the question “Shall Chesa Boudin by recalled (removed) from the Office of District Attorney?”
The secondary results of the poll were equally devastating to Boudin:
• 74% have an unfavorable opinion of Boudin;
• 78% give him a negative job performance rating;
• 73% disagree that he “is keeping San Francisco safe”;
• 69% disagree that he “does what is best for the community”;
• 51% disagree that he is “honest and trustworthy”; and
• 61% do agree that he “is responsible for rising crime rates in San Francisco, especially burglaries and thefts.”
Those polled hold Boudin directly responsible for increases in car and home break-ins, public drug use, violent crime, retail theft, and panhandling and public nuisances.
From EMC Research:
Significant majorities of voters find messaging in support of the recall compelling, including:
• 71% (52% extremely compelling) for “Chesa Boudin has emboldened criminals who know his ‘catch and release’ policy means they will face no consequences. In his first year in office, burglaries spiked by 49%, and 84% of charged perpetrators were back on the streets within two days”.
• 71% (46% extremely compelling) for “Under Chesa Boudin’s te
nure, 51 prosecutors have left his office in protest over his mismanagement, threats to withhold evidence, decisions to hand down lenient sentences or not press charges, and release violent criminals early. Until we recall Chesa Boudin, more and more prosecutors will continue to leave”; and
• 67% (39% extremely compelling) for “Domestic violence cases in San Francisco are rising under Chesa Boudin, yet he has chosen to prosecute only 14% of cases, leaving the vast majority of domestic violence victims, and their children, vulnerable to their abusers who remain on the streets — every single day.”
Boudin won election to the post in November 2019 by garnering more than 86,000 votes. Now, in just two years in office, Boudin has so outraged the citizens with his ultra-progressive agenda that more than 83,000 people signed his recall petition.
Did they not know what they were getting back in 2019? Efforts to inform apparently failed. The San Francisco Police Department mounted a campaign against his election. His communist background was public knowledge with even Wikipedia reporting:
Boudin was born in New York City to Jewish parents. His parents, Kathy Boudin and David Gilbert, were Weather Underground members.
When Boudin was 14 months old, both were arrested and convicted of murder for their role as getaway car drivers in the Brink’s robbery of 1981 in Rockland County, New York. His mother was sentenced to 20 years to life and his father to 75 years to life for the felony murders of two police officers and a security guard.
After his parents were incarcerated, Boudin was raised in Chicago by adoptive parents Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn, who, like his parents, had been members of the Weather Underground….
Boudin descends from a long left-wing lineage. His great-grand-uncle, Louis B. Boudin, was a Marxist theoretician and author of a two-volume history of the Supreme Court’s influence on American government, and his grandfather Leonard Boudin was an attorney who represented controversial clients such as Fidel Castro and Paul Robeson.
An unrepentant communist bent on inflicting as much damage as he could to the city’s criminal justice system, Boudin could care less about the pending recall vote. In November 2019, while resistance to his progressive policies was gaining momentum, a 69-year-old Asian-American, Ahn Le, was attacked by a father-son team. Both attackers were arrested and charged with several felonies, including elder abuse and terrorist attacks.
However, as Yahoo News reported:
The San Francisco District Attorney’s Office, however, refused to prosecute either the father or son with hate crime enhancements and agreed to a lenient plea deal with [the father] who pled guilty to a misdemeanor battery charge for no jail time and only a year of probation.
And the son who participated in the attack got off scot-free.
On January 24 the Alliance of Asian American Justice filed a federal lawsuit against Boudin on behalf of Ahn Le. Boudin couldn’t care less. He’ll be long gone by the time this lawsuit is settled.
Boudin’s campaign promise to “reform” the DA’s office was bought by the then low-information San Francisco voter. In two years, that voter has now learned, the hard way, just whom he elected to office.