This article was published by The McAlvany Intelligence Advisor on Monday, February 27, 2017:
It was a near thing: hard-left Muslim Keith Ellison had everything going for him: timing, momentum, and endorsements. He should have won in a walk, and he almost did.
The chairmanship for the Democratic National Committee (DNC) was up for grabs in Atlanta on Saturday, and, for the first time in recent memory, it took two ballots to determine a winner. It was Perez over Ellison: 235-200.
Hard-left groups were incensed. This was the second time they had been shut out by the insiders, the first when Hillary allegedly sabotaged Bernie's campaign for the presidency in the Democrat primary. Said Jim Dean, head of Howard Dean's Democracy for America:
This incredibly disappointing result is another missed opportunity for a Democratic Party desperately trying to regain relevance, and proves, once again, how out of touch party insiders [Barack obama, hillary clinton, Valerie Jarrett] are with the grassroots movement currently in the streets, on the phone, and at town halls nationwide.
Dan Cantor, national director of the equally far-left Working Families Party, lamented the result as well:
This vote may sting for progressives, particularly young people. Since Inauguration Day, millions of people around the country have marched against [President] Trump. Keith Ellison was uniquely qualified to transform that anger and fear into political power and organization.
Does it really matter? The Democrat Party has been pushed so far to the left already, what difference could it possibly make which progressive runs the DNC? Here are some of Keith Ellison's credentials:
- In 2006, he became the first Muslim to be elected to the House;
- During his swearing-in ceremony (a photo-op as the swearing-in ceremony was done for all members en masse), Ellison insisted on using a Koran rather than a Bible;
- He is a leader of the House Progressive Caucus;
- He is a former steering committee member of the communist National Lawyers Guild;
- He has received an endorsement from the Communist Party USA;
- He is one of eight members of Congress (all Democrats) arrested in 2013 for blocking traffic on Independence Avenue in washington, D.C. during an immigration rally;
- He has suffered repeated suspensions of his driver's license for his failure to pay various traffic tickets and fines;
- He has failed to pay income taxes in five separate years, forcing the IRS to place liens on his house;
- He has endorsed the far-left radical Louis Farrakhan, claiming that he “is not an anti-Semite” and “is a sincere, tireless, and uncompromising advocate of the black community”;
- He has been sanctioned repeatedly for election campaign rule violations and was sued twice by Minnesota's attorney general over them;
- He has had a 10-year relationship with Farrakhan's Nation of Islam and the Muslim Brotherhood, from whom he has received campaign contributions during his reelection campaigns; and
- His voting record reflects his monumental disdain for the Constitution. His Freedom Index (a congressional scorecard based on the Constitution that rates congressmen on their adherence to limited government, fiscal responsibility, and national sovereignty) is a mere 25 out of 100.
How does that compare to Perez's “credentials?” Under Sources below one can check the nine-page, single-spaced outline of Perez's deep background, but two will suffice:
Perez's far-left background, which most of the MSM failed even to mention, includes one particularly galling incident where Perez used his position as Obama's Department of Labor secretary to excoriate the so-called “school-to-prison pipeline” that allegedly funnels large numbers of black youths into the U.S. prison system without cause. In a July 2014 speech he delivered to hundreds of black students at Howard University, Perez stated that school authorities in Mississippi had recently had black high-schoolers arrested for infractions as small as wearing the “wrong color tie” or the “wrong color socks,” or for “flatulence.” “I'm not making this up,” Perez assured his audience. “This is Meridian, Mississippi, where we still see separate and unequal…. We thought we had made progress [but] this is America [today].”
Hoover Institution Fellow Paul Sperry revealed Perez's duplicity in the New York Post on August 17, 2014:
[Perez] was making it up. Meridian Public School District students have never been jailed simply for breaking school dress code, as he implied. That would be false imprisonment.
They have, however, been mildly disciplined for wearing the wrong uniform to school. Meridian, which is mostly black, has a strict dress code to prevent gang violence.
And some students do wear ankle bracelets to school — but only because they broke actual laws and were convicted of crimes by a juvenile judge.
Perez conflated the circumstances, even though he knew better….
At Howard, Perez made it sound as if Meridian were run by a bunch of white, racist Bull Connors.
What he failed to mention is that the Meridian school superintendent, Dr. Alvin Taylor, and four of the five Meridian school board members are all black. So is the judge running the juvenile court.
The second is Perez's history as a board member and then president of Casa de Maryland from 1995 to 2002, a George Soros-funded advocacy group for illegal aliens. As Eliseo Medina, a Casa supporter, told a “Take Back America” conference in 2010:
If we reform the immigration laws, it puts 12 million people on the path to citizenship and eventually voters. Can you imagine if we have … even two out of three, if we get 8 million new voters … we will create a governing coalition for the long term, not just for an election cycle?
Immediately upon winning the DNC chair, Perez invited Ellison to the microphone, hugged him, and nominated him to be his “deputy chair” of the committee. All apparently is forgiven, and energies must now be focused on destroying the Trump administration. Trump tweeted congratulations: “Congratulations to Thomas Perez, who has just been named Chairman of the DNC. I could not be happier for him, or for the republican Party!” Perez punched back: “Call me Tom. And don't get too happy. @keithellison and I, and Democrats united across the country, will be your worst nightmare.”
The war is on.
CNN: Perez wins DNC chairmanship
USAToday: Democrats elect Tom Perez, former Labor secretary, as new party leader
Washington Times: Tom Perez wins hard-fought DNC race to become Democrats' first Latino chairman
New York Post: Ex-Labor Secretary Tom Perez elected DNC chairman
Background on Democracy for America
More background on Democracy for America
The Wall Street Journal: Democrats Elect Tom Perez as Party Chairman
Background on Working Families Party
More background on Working Families Party
Deep background on Casa de Maryland
New York Post: Why the Obama Administrations sees Racism Everywhere