This article appeared online at TheNewAmerican.com on Friday, September 2, 2016:
When the hacktivist group calling themselves DCLeaks released “restricted” documents it obtained from the Internet servers of the Open Society Foundation of George Soros, none of the major so-called watchdog media mentioned it. And yet, those documents revealed more than 50 regional and global initiatives and well-funded programs designed to influence major policy decisions around the world, as well as in the United States.
DCLeaks describes itself as
a new level project aimed to analyze and publish a large amount of emails from top-ranking officials and their influence agents all over the world.
The project was launched by the American hacktivists who respect and appreciate freedom of speech, human rights and government of the people….
We believe U.S. citizens have the right to know how domestic and foreign policies of the United States are shaped and who the real policy maker is.
In many cases that “real policy maker” is George Soros, the billionaire progressive activist with a sordid background of aiding all manner of radical and extremist elements around the globe. AS DCLeaks noted:
The selection [of Soros’ servers’ documents] shed[s] light on one of the most influential networks operating worldwide. [It] counts more than 50 global and regional programs and foundations. Soros is named as the architect and sponsor of almost every revolution and coup around the world for the last 25 years.
And yet, not a single member of the fourth estate has picked up the story.
Not even when those hacked documents revealed that Soros
- Promotes international regulation of “what information is taken off the Internet an what may remain;
- Attempted to manipulate Europe’s 2014 elections, with its “List of European Elections 2014 Projects” detailing more than 90 such efforts he made that year;
- Poured $4 million into anti-Israel groups, with his goal of “challenging Israel’s racist and anti-demographic policies”;
- Supported a smear campaign against conservative activists with $200,000 given to his Center for American Progress;
- Funded the Black Lives Movement to the tune of $650,000 (the Washington Times has since reported that Soros-funded groups have given upwards of $33 million to BLM); and
- Gave Hillary Clinton instructions while she was secretary of state on how to deal with unrest in Albania, even suggesting various candidates to be the mediator in the conflict.
Why is the mainstream media so willing to forego any mention of Soros’ machinations and interventions into America’s internal affairs? Why are they so willing to overlook what would otherwise, in normal times, rate as headline news.
Tyler Durden, writing for ZeroHedge, asked the same question:
If Soros were a rock-ribbed conservative who supported Republican candidates and causes, you can bet that a swarm of reporters would right now be lustily tearing into these documents determined to expose any and every shred of evidence of influence peddling and misdeeds.
But because Soros is a hard-core leftist, he apparently gets a pass.