This article first appeared at The McAlvany Intelligence Advisor on Wednesday, November 26, 2014:


With all the national media’s attention focused on the grand jury’s failure to indict Darren Wilson, the Ferguson police officer who defended himself against Michael Brown through the use of deadly force, and the subsequent riots and arson and looting that followed, precious little attention has been paid to Wilson.

All the media seems to be interested in is emotional outbursts from the unhinged mother of Brown who, fresh from a visit to the United Nations calling for an international investigation into the “murder” of her son, could spill tears at a moment’s notice, especially if a TV camera was nearby. Or comments from the president, who, unsatisfied that justice had been rendered, remained committed to “the work” that remains to be done in Ferguson and elsewhere.

The Washington Post unleashed three of its investigative journalists after the shooting of Brown to explore the background of Darren Wilson, the officer who disappeared from view immediately after the shooting.

They found precious little, but made the most of it:

His ex-wife is publicly silent. His friends aren’t speaking out. His mother is long deceased, and there is no sign of his father or either of his stepfathers.

What they did find, however, was that officer Darren Wilson was a clean cop who did his job and kept to himself. He joined the police force of Jennings, Missouri in 2009, where he worked until the force was disbanded in 2011. Former Commander Lt. Jeff Fuesting said, “My impression is he didn’t go above and beyond, and he didn’t get into any trouble.” Robert Orr, the former Jennings chief of police said Wilson “was a good officer with us. There was no disciplinary action.”

In 2011, Wilson applied for a position with the Ferguson PD and was accepted. A street cop, he did his job without fanfare. The media could find but a single photograph of the man, a fuzzy rendering of him leaving a meeting of the Ferguson Town Council where he had just received a commendation for successfully subduing a man involved in a drug transaction.

It wasn’t until October that Robert Patrick of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch was able to track down an inside source (anonymous, of course) which was able to get Wilson’s side of the story of what happened that Saturday in Ferguson.

After backing up his police vehicle to quiz Brown about the cigars he was carrying (fresh from a store he had just robbed), Wilson said.

Brown handed the cigarillos to [his friend] Johnson, then swung his left hand and hit Wilson on the right side of his face.


Wilson said he almost lost consciousness….


Brown then began to use his left hand in the struggle for [Wilson’s] gun, and turned the pistol until the barrel was against Wilson’s hip.

The struggle for control of the gun continued for a few moments. Wilson was able to get a couple of rounds off, one striking Brown on the hand and the other burying itself in the vehicle’s driver’s door.

Brown took off running, and Wilson ran after him. Touching an officer’s weapon is, all by itself, a felony (forgetting for the moment that Brown’s shoving the store manager during the course of the of the cigarillos is also a felony), which allowed hot pursuit by Wilson.

Patrick’s source continued:

Wilson said he had gotten out of the [police vehicle] and chased Brown.


The source said Wilson did not yelling or saying anything then, but Brown had stopped and turned.


Wilson said Brown had not had his hands up; his left hand was slightly out, fingers pointing down. His right hand was grasping his shirt.


Then, Wilson told investigators, Brown began running toward him:


Wilson said he had yelled for Brown to stop, then fired, the source said. Brown flinched as if he was hit, and Wilson said he had stopped shooting.


Brown continued running toward him, and Wilson said he had fired several more shots.


The source said that Wilson had recalled that Brown’s head was down when the last shot hit him there.


When Brown fell to the ground, his forward momentum was such that it caused his feet to fly up, Wilson said.

All of which is consistent with the experience of others faced with a deadly threat: full and complete awareness of details such as how Brown was holding his wounded hand, and Brown’s feet flying up as he landed face down, dead, on the street, in front of Wilson.

When St. Louis County Prosecutor Robert McCulloch finished his 20-minute statement to the on Monday, he released more than 1,000 pages of testimony. In that testimony, the events of the shooting validated Patrick’s source, to a T.

According to that testimony given during nearly four hours of questioning by the grand jury, Wilson added little to what that anonymous source had revealed to Patrick back in October:

I tried to hold his right arm and use my left hand to get out [of the vehicle] to have some type of control and not be trapped in my car any more. And when I grabbed him, the only way I can describe it is I felt like a five-year-old holding onto Hulk Hogan.

Much has been made of Brown’s bulk: 6 foot 3 inches, nearly 300 pounds. But Wilson is no wimp, either, coming in at 6 foot 1 and over 210 pounds. And yet, Wilson felt like he was wrestling with Hulk Hogan.

Juror: Holding onto what?

Wilson: Hulk Hogan, that’s just how big he felt and how small I felt just from grasping his arm.

Wilson then drew his firearm, saying “Get back or I’m going to shoot you.” Wilson continued his testimony:

He immediately grabs my gun and says, “You are too much of a pussy to shoot me.”

Asked why he felt the need to pull his gun, Wilson told the jurors that he was afraid that another punch in the face from Brown could “knock me out, or worse.”

Charged with five possible counts, the grand jury could not come up with the nine votes needed to indict Wilson, but that hardly exonerates him or sets him free. There is the ongoing civil rights investigation being done by ’s Department of Justice, as well as the permanent scars Wilson will carry for the rest of his life.

His position with the Ferguson police department is over, according to reports that he plans to resign. He will continue looking over his shoulder for threats by those who are convinced that he got off too easy. And he will, whenever he applies for work, have to explain to his potential employer just what happened in Ferguson, Missouri on Saturday, August 9, 2014, when he was doing his duty and got in the crossfire of political interests using the incident to promote their own evil agendas.

As Ron Hosko, president of the Law Enforcement Legal Defense Fund, noted, Wilson is “a victim of a politicized agenda that deemed him guilty until proven innocent.” Hosko, a former assistant director for the FBI, added:

Although he will walk free, his life has been forever changed, as he has been exploited in a cynical effort to turn civilians against cops in fulfillment of an anti-[local] law enforcement agenda.



World New Daily: Grand jury clears Ferguson officer

The Blaze: Ferguson Officer Darren Wilson’s Grand Jury Testimony Revealed: ‘Still Charging, Hands Still in His Waistband’

USA Today: Ferguson burning after grand jury announcement

Shooting of Michael Brown/background on Darren Wilson

Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

Washington Post: Darren Wilson’s first job was on a troubled police force disbanded by authorities

Bio on Hulk Hogan

Opt In Image
Soak Up More Light from the Right
with a free copy of Bob's most popular eBook!

Sign up to to receive Bob's explosive articles in your inbox every week, and as a thank you we'll send a copy of his most popular eBook - completely free of charge!

How can you help stop the 's latest gun grab? How is the deceiving America today? What is the latest administration scandal coverup? Sign up for the Light from the Right email newsletter and help stop the progressives' takeover of America!